6970 Application Info
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS LIVING IN ROTARY DISTRICT 6970
Applications for the exchange year 2022-2023 is open.
District 6970 Scholarship Information
Thank you for your interest in Rotary Youth Exchange (RYE).
Instructions on this page are for students living in Rotary District 6970.
That includes the following counties: Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Marion, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Union, Volusia.
How to apply in District 6970
Process For Class of 2022-2023 Rotary Youth Exchange (RYE) Scholarship Program Applicants:
1. Study and learn about Rotary Youth Exchange with your parents on this website.
3. Submit Part I of Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarship Application
by November 1, 2021
Once submitted, you can edit your application prior to November 1 deadline. Part I of the application must be entirely filled out and submitted by the deadline to be considered for Part II of the application process.
All applications are available in a fillable format and must be submitted electronically.
- You will be assigned a Sponsoring Rotary Club and a club member will contact you to schedule a home interview.
4. Submit Part II of RYE Scholarship Application (including all required forms) and application payment as soon as possible but not later than 6 PM, December 1, 2021. The entire RYE Scholarship Application normally takes 2-3 weeks to complete, so start early!
(Part II of the RYE application will be sent to you when you completed Part I.)
Components of Your Application
(some components are required in Part 1 of the application, others in Part 2).
- ONLINE Rotary Youth Exchange Long-Term Program Application
- Student’s Letter
- Parent’s Letter
- Guarantee Form completed and signed by your local Rotary Club and your local Youth Exchange District Chairman
- Medical History and Examination form
- Dental Health and Examination form
- Rules and Conditions of Exchange
- Personal Reference from Teacher or School Administrator
- Copy of passport or birth certificate
- Copy of school transcripts
- Three host family referrals
- $150 non-refundable application fee
- For an overview of what information is required to complete the application, click HERE. Do not print, do not fill out, do not submit this sample form!
Outbound Exchange Student Timeline
- August – Visit your district’s page to find information meetings. Some districts require you to pre-register for such meetings and to attend WITH your parents
- September – Attend an information meeting
- October – Work on your application – it takes most 3-5 weeks to complete.
- November 1st – Deadline for completed application
- November – Interviews
- December – Find out if you are selected (might be adjusted due to Covid19 restrictions)
- January – First outbound training weekend (might be adjusted due to Covid19 restrictions)
- January-July – Language studies on your own
- June – Second outbound training weekend (might be adjusted due to Covid19 restrictions)
- July/August – Leave for your exchange
- June/July the following year – Return to the US from your exchange year
- July – Rebound weekend