6900 Application Info
District 6900 Rotary Youth Exchange scholarship application information
Thank you for your interest in the Rotary Youth Exchange scholarship.
Instructions on this page are for students living in Rotary District 6900.
That includes the following counties:
Baker, Brooks, Butts, Calhoun, Carroll, Chattahoochee, Clay, Clayton, Cobb, Colquitt, Coweta, Crawford, Crisp, Decatur, Dekalb, Dooly, Dougherty, Douglas, Early, Fayette, Fulton, Grady, Haralson, Harris, Heard, Henry, Lamar, Lee, Macon, Marion, Meriwether, Miller, Mitchell, Monroe, Muscogee, Paulding, Pike, Polk, Quitman, Randolph, Schley, Seminole, Spalding, Stewart, Sumter, Talbot, Taylor, Terrell, Thomas, Troup, Upson, Webster, Worth
How to apply in District 6900
Process For Class of 2022-2023 Rotary Youth Exchange scholarship program applicants:
1. Study and learn about Rotary Youth Exchange with your parents on this website.
2. Sign up for, and attend, a Rotary Youth Exchange Parents’ and Students’ Informational Session
- To be eligible to apply for the 2022-2023 Rotary Youth Exchange scholarship program you and your parent/guardian(s) are must attend one of the informational sessions
- Only those signed up will be notified of any meeting changes/cancellations.
- August 19 – 6:30 pm – Alpharetta
- September 1 – 6:30 pm – Fayetteville
- September 14 – 6:30 pm – Dunwoody
- September 30 – 6:30 pm – Online via Zoom
Click on the Sign Up! button below:
3. Submit Part I of Rotary Youth Exchange scholarship application
by Friday, October 15, 2021.
Once submitted, you can edit your application prior to the October 15 deadline. Part I of application must be entirely filled out and submitted by the deadline to be considered for Part II of the application process.
All applications are available in fillable format and must be submitted electronically.
4. Pay the non-refundable application fee of $150.00. The fee is due no later than Friday, October 15, 2019. Payment must be by check, payable to Rotary District 6900, and mailed to:
Rotary Youth Exchange District 6900
c/o Michael Parks
745 WINDSOR PKWY
ATLANTA GA 30342-2803
5. Request your In-Home Interview from your assigned sponsoring Rotary Club, as soon as possible after paying your non-refundable application fee, but no later than Friday, October 15, 2021
- You will be assigned a sponsoring Rotary Club and a certified youth volunteer will contact you to schedule an In-Home Interview.
- The In-Home Interview must be completed by the sponsoring Rotary Club by October 27th.
- You and at least one parent must participate in the In-Home Interview.
6. Submit Part II of Rotary Youth Exchange scholarship application (including all required forms) as soon as possible, but no later than 6:00 pm, Sunday, October 31, 2021. The entire Rotary Youth Exchange scholarship application normally takes 2-3 weeks to complete, so start early!
• Part II of the Rotary Youth Exchange scholarship application will be sent to you when you’ve completed Part I.
• Applications are in electronic fillable format and typed versions preferred.
• All document uploads must be legible and full page 8.5”x11” PDF. Do not upload jpgs.
• All signatures MUST be in BLUE ink.
• Only electronically submitted applications are accepted.
• If you do not have access to a scanner, we recommend using one of the many free scanner apps available on your smart phone to upload your documents in legible PDF format.
7. Selected Rotary Youth Exchange scholarship applicants will be invited to the District 6900 District Interviews on Saturday, November 13, or Sunday, November 14, 2021. These are the only dates when interviews are conducted. Each applicant will be assigned a specific date and time and at least one parent must participate along with the student applicant.
8. Attend ‘The Big Reveal!” celebration on December 15, 2021 to learn your Host Country and language assignment.
9. Attend two mandatory 3-day weekends of Rotary Youth Exchange Outbound Orientation and Training (January 7-9, 2022 and in June 17-19, 2022 at Lake Yale, Florida), in addition to a number of local District 6900 Rotary, cultural, language and training events to you prepare for your year abroad.
Components of Your Application
- ONLINE Rotary Youth Exchange Long-Term Program Application
- Student’s Letter
- Parents’ Letter
- Guarantee Form completed and signed by your local Rotary Club and your local Rotary Youth Exchange District Chairman
- Medical History and Examination form
- Dental Health and Examination form
- Rules and Conditions of Exchange
- Personal Reference from Teacher or School Administrator
- Copy of passport or birth certificate
- Copy of school transcripts
- Three local host family referrals
- $150 non-refundable application fee
District 6900’s Application Period:
August 1 – October 15, 2021
Outbound Rotary Youth Exchange student timeline
YEAR 1 – 2021
- August – Visit RYESE.org to learn about the program and visit District 6900’s pages to find the schedule for the Parents’ and Students’ Informational Sessions. District 6900 requires that parents and students participate in an informational session together.
- August/September – Attend a Parents’ and Students’ Informational Session
- September/October – Work on Parts I and II of your application – it takes most students 2 – 3 weeks to complete.
- October – In-Home Interview
- October 31 – Deadline for completed application
- November – District Interviews
- December – Find out if you are selected and if so, participate in The Big Reveal! to learn the country and language that have been assigned to you
YEAR 2 – 2022
- January – Orientation and Training 1 for Future Outbound Candidates
- January-July – Language studies on your own/attend Rotary club meetings and events
- June – Orientation and Training 2 for Future Outbound Candidates
- July/August – Leave for your exchange
YEAR 3 – 2023
- June/July the following year – Return to the US from your exchange year
- July – Orienation and Training for Rebound students